Skip to main content

Featured Post

Conversation starter?

Questions are good things. They are there to get to know others and to find the common ground with each other, with the people we want to love. Well, I would think that the biggest thing I need to learn is to love myself. I think at least. I like lists, I make lists, mainly about anime and manga that I want to read and watch. And sometimes about American books too. My life does revolve around things that I consume. And I do not know if I am fine with that. I would like to fancy myself that I like philosophy, but in truth, I like the idea of philosophy. In the sense, philosophy means the love of knowledge, because we cannot know everything. So we need to start with things that we do not know, even though there are many famous figures in philosophy, I do not want to read from them. Because the biggest thing that I do not know if myself. And, as I am right now, I am more interested in filling the emptiness in me, if that makes sense. But I like questions. So, I went out and looked for que

The Eyes of Sora - Chapter review [7-16]: "I am confused..."

Continuation of The Eyes of Sora reading that I am doing.

This story is starting to turn out like a real slow burn. There is shounen-ai promised, but it is nowhere in sight right now. There are other elements like drama and tragedy that come in, the other genres that this is in and you can see it more rather than the shounen-ai aspect of it. There are some problems with understanding what is going on or how the writer leads the story. You kind of feel lost, but it is starting to build up towards something big.

Score: 7/10

[Part 1.] https://runawaysdaydreams.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-eyes-of-sora-chapter-review-1-6.html


Chapter 7 + 8 + 9: They are again talking about this idea that Sora's eyes see more and are special. Because of that, he will have more problems with the spirits. Jeongha doesn't want Sora doing anything behind his back, but Sora still decides to help Kanghee's friend. The chapters start to get a little bit tedious to read. Honestly, I am more interested in Jeongha than in the exorcism or whatever we need to do to help this friend. I changed my mind, Kanghee's friend, Yuna is too cute for us to not help her! I don't think that it will turn out right, that Kanghee needs to buy time for Sora.

Chapter 10: Nice! This is just f*cking nice! Turns out, the girl I thought was cute is actually really bad! Yuna got a malicious god on her while she played around with rituals or something and they tried to pass it on to Kanghee. And Sora had seen through it. This is what's forcing Sora's hand; since the atmosphere in the school is changing and it could bother Jeongha someway too. It would have been nice if we get this information, not in an info-dump.

Chapter 11: Did Sora really exorcised it the god? There is no way that something like that could happen that easily. 

❉ ◦∘ Theory: It could be that the god will be either going back to Yuna or start lingering around Jeongha since he is already sick and it seems that the god was attracted to him. It still must be around.

Chapter 12: "I never quite get the point of Jeongha being angry all the time." My man, you took it right out of my mouth! However, it seems that now he is mad because Sora seems to be sick, and doesn't want to admit it. I don't want to see this guy getting angry on Sora's behalf.

═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════

Chapter 13 + 14: This manhwa swears on everything that it is not horror, but then there are certain things that only last one panel and scare me to my core. There is a suspicion that there are two souls in Jeongha's body, which is not normal, and he can't know about it or he will attract more evil spirits thanks to these negative thoughts. I don't know how this will change things, we always knew that there are problems with the guy. Something is lingering over Sora too, no doubt the things that he had picked up while he was protecting Jeongha, he already has a self-sacrificing attitude towards things! And Sora is still investigating the thing that was on Yuna.

Note: One they translate it as a god, other times as a demon. I will keep calling it a god, but it could be that this is not the best translation to it.

Chapter 15: The f*cks happening? Jeongha seems to hate spiritual people because there could be that some self-torturing things are happening with them. Sora is regularly starved himself days to keep his mind sharp... That's what I am getting from it. I have no idea.

Chapter 16: Jeongha is asking help from Kanghee, and that is a really strange alliance. In a sense, I don't understand what Kanghee is doing in this narrative. So they are not helping each other he just wants information? And they are talking about something that happened in the past, maybe when Jeongha had beaten up Sora several. They suspect Jeongha accepting something and the f*cking translators note is warning me that this is an important nuance. Sora is taking the misfortune that is coming from Jeongha, there must be a better way of solving this than this!

Note: Sora is famous. But he is also past the point of salvation, as they put it? This manhwa does a good job of frying my brain. But it is starting to get really interesting. If not a little bit confusing. I won't raise the score. They were also talking about the god being repelled, however, I do not believe it. I have a strange feeling that this god that was on Yuna will still play some kind of roll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Bungaku Shoujo" Movie - Review

Score: 9/10 The review contains spoilers. "Bungaku Shoujo" Movie, is the movie adaptation from Production I.G, directed and storyboarded by Tada Shunsuke. This movie adapted the fifth volume of the light novel series: "Bungaku Shoujo" to Doukoku no Palmier according to myanimelist. The series of "Bungaku Shoujo" is broader, having a long-running light novel series and a manga series written by Nomura Mizuki. That saying, this movie is an adaptation of a smart part of a larger story and a lot of things can be explained away with that. However, I don't think that it will take away from the enjoyment of the adaptation to people who had read the original. Tada Shunsuke had directed World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin, an anime that I had watched with the English dub, but one that I hadn't regretted it. This was a pleasant surprise for me since I will definitely talk about that series too in a positive note. This means that as a director Tada

"0" Review

Long story short: 5/10 pretty decent and middle of the road. Music videos come in many forms and shapes  and form and animation is one of them. In my opinion, a disappointing animation is worse than a disappointing live-action; even though the focal point of a music video is on the music .  The most important thing is clearly the music, the animation here is a kind of bonus experience. I say this because this music video is hard to find on the internet, so I couldn’t re-watch it. (I decided to include "0" because this was between the first short anime music videos that I had watched when I started to watch anime more regularly. And I couldn't leave it without a word.)  Because, if this I based my writing on memory alone, and the recounting of other people writing about this animation. H owever, understanding the things  that go into making a music video is important . While you can judge the animation on of itself, it is needed to be understood that many things go into th

"Aoi" Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... - Review

The quasi-delinquent Akagi Koremitsu ends up being haunted by a schoolmate of his, Mikado Hikaru he is stopped into fulfilling one last promise that Hikaru had made. Otherwise, Hikaru's spirit can't rest in peace. However, Saotome Aoi is mad at Hikaru and wouldn't have anything to do with the feared Koremitsu. I decided to write my thought as I go in reading the manga since even though I find it decent I don't have much hope to it being something that would impress me too much. The art of the manga is beautiful and simplistic. Here I mostly mean the characters, the two leads, Koremitsu and Hikaru are complete opposites of each other and that is shown nicely in the rendering of the characters. The background is something that should have gotten a little bit more polishing, it is boring to look at but helps to make the characters pop out more. However, this runs the risk of the arts seemingly being uninspired and hard to remember. It is interesting. You can skip ahead pas