Skip to main content

Featured Post

Conversation starter?

Questions are good things. They are there to get to know others and to find the common ground with each other, with the people we want to love. Well, I would think that the biggest thing I need to learn is to love myself. I think at least. I like lists, I make lists, mainly about anime and manga that I want to read and watch. And sometimes about American books too. My life does revolve around things that I consume. And I do not know if I am fine with that. I would like to fancy myself that I like philosophy, but in truth, I like the idea of philosophy. In the sense, philosophy means the love of knowledge, because we cannot know everything. So we need to start with things that we do not know, even though there are many famous figures in philosophy, I do not want to read from them. Because the biggest thing that I do not know if myself. And, as I am right now, I am more interested in filling the emptiness in me, if that makes sense. But I like questions. So, I went out and looked for que

Omoni Otto - manga review

Score: 7/10 it's a good story all in all.

Omoni Otto is not a manga that I would recommend to people since it is so short, only three chapters and not having any substance behind it and the third chapter almost hints at a continuation. However, that is not to say that it is a bad story.

Information! Omoni Otto was made by Yamazaki Satoshi, serialized in Gekkan! Spirits in 2014.

The art is actually cute good, the character design of the main character Suguri Yukio is drawn with harsh lines and a strict scary face, which makes it strikingly contradicting when it turns out that he is good at housework and with children.

Suguri wouldn't admit that he is a househusband even though he decided to take up the housework instead of his wife since right now he is in a creative slump. Suguri is actually more invested in doing housework and shopping while waiting for creativity to strike. It is a nice little spinet of his life, not really having any story behind him. [Spoiler: I would actually like to see him succeed in publishing his manga, that we don't really hear a lot about, but you can see through the narrative that he is more accomplished when he is done with the chores. He always puts those chores before his manga and it would be nice if the moral of the story would have been that what makes you happy is not always what you think will make you happy. Maybe he won't be a great mangaka, but you can see that he is more happy with being a househusband.]

It is good to see something coming out of Japan. And maybe the mangaka, Yamazaki Satoshi is talking about experience, since there aren't any other stories than Omoni Otto listed underneath him. However, that is just me making assumptions.

Let me get up on a soapbox.

( ̄ー ̄)ノ There is nothing wrong with being a househusband. Sometimes life takes you in strange places, and you can't always do what the usual stereotypes demand of you what to do. Suguri had stumbled into what he is talented in and what makes him accomplished in an unfortunate situation, torturing himself with not being able to publish his creative work - not being able to write his creative work. That must be though, I know that I wouldn't be able to stand it.

I think that I see myself in him a little bit in this sense since I spend my time writing stories that are never finished and maybe they will never be published. And I am a little bit worried that I won't be able to find anyone that I can fall back on like he did since my talent is not in housekeeping. I envy this guy a little bit.

Is it an enjoyable ready, if you are someone who is looking for a deep story then no. If you like slice-of-life it is a quick read. It is in, and it is out. The 7/10 is again, a situation where I would like to see more from it. It can do better and I think that people would like to read about a househusband.




Trivia: Yes, I see too much into him and think way too deep, I am just saying that someone with a depressed mind sees the negatives first. Suguri is obviously an optimist, he never really realizes what is happening with his creative career. But I guess that just comes from the fact that he is more into cleaning than I can ever be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Bungaku Shoujo" Movie - Review

Score: 9/10 The review contains spoilers. "Bungaku Shoujo" Movie, is the movie adaptation from Production I.G, directed and storyboarded by Tada Shunsuke. This movie adapted the fifth volume of the light novel series: "Bungaku Shoujo" to Doukoku no Palmier according to myanimelist. The series of "Bungaku Shoujo" is broader, having a long-running light novel series and a manga series written by Nomura Mizuki. That saying, this movie is an adaptation of a smart part of a larger story and a lot of things can be explained away with that. However, I don't think that it will take away from the enjoyment of the adaptation to people who had read the original. Tada Shunsuke had directed World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin, an anime that I had watched with the English dub, but one that I hadn't regretted it. This was a pleasant surprise for me since I will definitely talk about that series too in a positive note. This means that as a director Tada

"0" Review

Long story short: 5/10 pretty decent and middle of the road. Music videos come in many forms and shapes  and form and animation is one of them. In my opinion, a disappointing animation is worse than a disappointing live-action; even though the focal point of a music video is on the music .  The most important thing is clearly the music, the animation here is a kind of bonus experience. I say this because this music video is hard to find on the internet, so I couldn’t re-watch it. (I decided to include "0" because this was between the first short anime music videos that I had watched when I started to watch anime more regularly. And I couldn't leave it without a word.)  Because, if this I based my writing on memory alone, and the recounting of other people writing about this animation. H owever, understanding the things  that go into making a music video is important . While you can judge the animation on of itself, it is needed to be understood that many things go into th

"Aoi" Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... - Review

The quasi-delinquent Akagi Koremitsu ends up being haunted by a schoolmate of his, Mikado Hikaru he is stopped into fulfilling one last promise that Hikaru had made. Otherwise, Hikaru's spirit can't rest in peace. However, Saotome Aoi is mad at Hikaru and wouldn't have anything to do with the feared Koremitsu. I decided to write my thought as I go in reading the manga since even though I find it decent I don't have much hope to it being something that would impress me too much. The art of the manga is beautiful and simplistic. Here I mostly mean the characters, the two leads, Koremitsu and Hikaru are complete opposites of each other and that is shown nicely in the rendering of the characters. The background is something that should have gotten a little bit more polishing, it is boring to look at but helps to make the characters pop out more. However, this runs the risk of the arts seemingly being uninspired and hard to remember. It is interesting. You can skip ahead pas