Skip to main content

Featured Post

Conversation starter?

Questions are good things. They are there to get to know others and to find the common ground with each other, with the people we want to love. Well, I would think that the biggest thing I need to learn is to love myself. I think at least. I like lists, I make lists, mainly about anime and manga that I want to read and watch. And sometimes about American books too. My life does revolve around things that I consume. And I do not know if I am fine with that. I would like to fancy myself that I like philosophy, but in truth, I like the idea of philosophy. In the sense, philosophy means the love of knowledge, because we cannot know everything. So we need to start with things that we do not know, even though there are many famous figures in philosophy, I do not want to read from them. Because the biggest thing that I do not know if myself. And, as I am right now, I am more interested in filling the emptiness in me, if that makes sense. But I like questions. So, I went out and looked for que

0/6 - Review on the go! [+18 nudity and well, it's ecchi...]

0/6 by Lee You Jung is an insane ride from the first glance. I haven't even started the second chapter properly and there is already a German teacher who is dressed and acts like Hitler. I decided that this story deserves more review as we go style to it.

Score: 8/10

This a five-volume manga that was published in 2006. "0/6 was published in English by Net Comics; physically from January 25, 2005, to March 6, 2007, and digitally on February 8, 2015." -myanimelist.com

"Originally published in Korean by Seoul Munhwasa (Seoul Cultural)." -myanimelist.com
The story of 0/6 is a little bit convoluted and doesn't really follow a clear structure that usually other stories do. But that is something that is its strength. The humor is nice, the art style variates between interesting, detailed and downright ugly, but that is on purpose. Some of the backgrounds are the combinations of drawings and photos that give a strange comedic atmosphere to the whole manga.

The characters are one-note and comical, Kanghee and Moolchi are the two characters who I am sure won't forget about, not about their crazy and nonsensical romance at least. This was said with a whole lot of well-meaning behind it.

Reading this manga is like a rollercoaster ride where you don't know where you are going half of the time, and even though I can't say that it is memorable, there will be another rollercoaster that will take this one's place, I am happy that I was on it and I could experience it.

If you want to go down, I had broken down my reaction to the volumes down there, I am sure that won't be awkward looking back at it.




Volume 1: Transcription of a mad man's ramblings:

Main character Moolchi Ga is a pathetic kid who dreams big but reaches nowhere. He is bullied. He gets a realistic doll from the mail by someone called Father, no clue whose the guy but keeps the doll anyways. Hitler beats the sh*t out of a kid not doing home. "Hitler is going extra berserk" is mood. And a sentence that happens in this manhwa. The characters are crazy in this one, but Moolchi is fun to read even though he goes from innocent to pervert under the drop of a hat.

The doll is not a doll! The second chapter over it turned into horror! Van Neumann?! We're getting educated about history?! And on the next page, we are breaking the fourth wall?! There is nothing sacred?! So apparently the doll is a robot named Six, they refer to her as Jong-e. And as it seems this Father is actually Moolchi's father who had sent him a robot as a gift?

I can't tell if the art is ugly or beautiful. I will go with unique, but there are some interesting facial choices for the characters. There is already drama going on with the characters and the bullies have an even bigger leader bully! The automation can fight and she is hell-bent on protecting Moolchi. That's her only programming, she is bad at following other commands. And it seems there is a reason for Moolchi's pill-popping, and father is not just someone who can get his hand on strange robots, but also someone who is on the run from suits! They are talking about DNA and awakening. Something mysterious and supernatural is going on behind everyone's back.

There is another character, Kanghee Song, who is worth mentioning, the girl who is introduced with liking to clean. Her home situation is not good, parents are fighting. She is only trying to find ways to get out of the home - this story can be surprisingly touching if it wants to. Kanghee is interesting and drawn beautifully.

┗━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━┛

❃.✮:▹ Now that I finished the first volume, I can say that the humor is up in my alley! This is something worth reading and worths time.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Volume 2: Love is insane, so is this review:

That punk, Narutbae is insane, he beats anyone up. And I kind of want to beat him up.

These things are basically body snatchers or something along the line, the ones who are looking for Zero. And I am sure that Zero is Moolchi. Moolchi himself is going through changes, his DNA is awakening! And we get more fan service. I can't be mad, I am in love with Kanghee myself. And Jong-e is pretty much out of the picture.

This volume is turning out to be a cluster f*ck. Kanghee almost kills Narutbae who "wanted to make memories with her", nice way of saying that you want to rape someone, my dude. Moolchi almost kills or had killed one of the punks who's teeth Jong-e had taken out. This is seriously how Moolchi and Kanghee confess their love to each other?! Then they go on a date to have their alibi, running around in the rain... Then these two geniuses decide to go and check if they actually killed those two idiots or not, this is great!

There is nothing that Narutbae does that would make me sympathize with him.

I am not an idiot: Kanghee is possessed by the worm things.

Dear God, let this not be a love triangle... Amen. Okay, the way this chapter concludes is a little bit weird, I mean, the point is that Jong-e is joining their school as a transfer student from France and she ends up standing out too much. There is a volleyball fight between her and Kanghee and then a bully fight between Jong-e and a few bully girls. I mean, okay?

┗━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━┛

❃.✮:▹ This volume is certainly something out of this world. I can't say that I am frustrated with it. This volume moved the story forward quite a bit, even though Jong-e was nowhere for 80% of it. But we had gotten more with the enemy, figuring out that there is some body-snatching going on I am sure this will be tied back to the DNA thing that is going on with Zero. And we also got the important information that if Moolchi dies Jong-e self-destructs.

❃.✮:▹ The main development is the relationship, which, to be honest, we had gotten a confession but I don't know what's happening or where are we standing. I am still scared that this will be a love triangle of some sorts, Moolchi is an idiot, I can see it being his fault...

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Volume 3: The nope:

Kanghee is possessed! The question is if there is a way to save her... I hope there is. There is this talk about Mother all of a sudden, Jong-e had called that machine Mother before, but now that Earthworm was talking about mother missing Jong-e and them being siblings? What? If this is getting more insane then just tell me!

I don't want this date! Not like this!

Every time Moolchi uses his power he ages. That explains the weird growth. And now Kanghee jumps off to kill the Earthworm with her! This volume is turning out much more high stake than the previous one. They already leveled a god damned mall!!!

┗━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━┛

❃.✮:▹ I just can't deal with this development... Konghee died... This volume is maybe the hardest of all. I can't say that it made me cry, but it was damn close to it.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Volume 4: From here, it is only down:

Moolchi is not himself, a few weeks had passed since Kanghee's death and he is quite out of it. Now he looks like a brooding antagonist. He is nothing like the wimpy kid we met in chapter one.

More and more characters keep pilling into this story. Father with the doctor came back home to Korea, and the fact that Moolchi is some kind of artificial human, being siblings with other artificial humans as it seems was revealed. Do I need to remind people that this is a five-volume manga? There is a new character introduced who seemingly can control people whom he touches.

Moolchi fooling around with a girl who wh*re's herself out and looks down on the world. She is an interesting character... I like her. I would be her angel...

Moolchi's a killer? I mean he only killed a robot, but still, this Baek-e guy or what's his name won't forgive him for this, so we are pretty much done... I think? What else is there? This is pretty much turning into a revenge story.

┗━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━┛

❃.✮:▹ So yeah, this volume wasn't easy. After this comes to the finale and it is finally finished. I can say, after volume 3, the quality kind of dropped, Kanghee was the highlight for me, I am not really interested in Moolchi or what will happen with him afterward. Not to count that the only thing that keeps Moolchi alive from committing suicide is that Jong-e would kill herself too with that self-destructing business. Now, what moves me is the completionist spirit. We are marching onward for good memories!

❃.✮:▹ That reminds me, what happened with Narutbae? He kind of f*cked out of the story!

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Volume 5: The f*ckin' bus:

We are returning to school! Which is great, Moolchi is like a grown man by this point. The only thing we are going to do is to meet with our childhood friend and then there is the final count down! But it can't be as easy as I think it will be, now will it?

It seems daddy did some human experiments. But those were expectable. Not on the part when he had amitted using dead or dying babies. That part is messed up, no wonder No.1 is mad.

The school is pretty much a death trap... With axes?! And my question was answered Narutbae comes back to the story with a bus!

┗━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━┛

❃.✮:▹ So, it had come to an end a really strange end that leaves me with a lot of feelings that are conflicted. No.1 and the father had died, the rest of them had survived. Moolchi had grown old and decided that the little time he has he will complete the father's automation project. Jong-e will go with him. Narutbea had survived an entire school beat down and the authorities are none the wiser what happened that day and what had destroyed an entire school. This fantastic story had come to a conclusion.

❃.✮:▹ I would like to say that I hadn't regretted reading this one to the end. There is no but here, I actually enjoyed the story of Moolchi and Jong-e.

❃.✮:▹ One point though, there was surprisingly little Hitler after the first volume... What a shame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Bungaku Shoujo" Movie - Review

Score: 9/10 The review contains spoilers. "Bungaku Shoujo" Movie, is the movie adaptation from Production I.G, directed and storyboarded by Tada Shunsuke. This movie adapted the fifth volume of the light novel series: "Bungaku Shoujo" to Doukoku no Palmier according to myanimelist. The series of "Bungaku Shoujo" is broader, having a long-running light novel series and a manga series written by Nomura Mizuki. That saying, this movie is an adaptation of a smart part of a larger story and a lot of things can be explained away with that. However, I don't think that it will take away from the enjoyment of the adaptation to people who had read the original. Tada Shunsuke had directed World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin, an anime that I had watched with the English dub, but one that I hadn't regretted it. This was a pleasant surprise for me since I will definitely talk about that series too in a positive note. This means that as a director Tada

"0" Review

Long story short: 5/10 pretty decent and middle of the road. Music videos come in many forms and shapes  and form and animation is one of them. In my opinion, a disappointing animation is worse than a disappointing live-action; even though the focal point of a music video is on the music .  The most important thing is clearly the music, the animation here is a kind of bonus experience. I say this because this music video is hard to find on the internet, so I couldn’t re-watch it. (I decided to include "0" because this was between the first short anime music videos that I had watched when I started to watch anime more regularly. And I couldn't leave it without a word.)  Because, if this I based my writing on memory alone, and the recounting of other people writing about this animation. H owever, understanding the things  that go into making a music video is important . While you can judge the animation on of itself, it is needed to be understood that many things go into th

"Aoi" Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... - Review

The quasi-delinquent Akagi Koremitsu ends up being haunted by a schoolmate of his, Mikado Hikaru he is stopped into fulfilling one last promise that Hikaru had made. Otherwise, Hikaru's spirit can't rest in peace. However, Saotome Aoi is mad at Hikaru and wouldn't have anything to do with the feared Koremitsu. I decided to write my thought as I go in reading the manga since even though I find it decent I don't have much hope to it being something that would impress me too much. The art of the manga is beautiful and simplistic. Here I mostly mean the characters, the two leads, Koremitsu and Hikaru are complete opposites of each other and that is shown nicely in the rendering of the characters. The background is something that should have gotten a little bit more polishing, it is boring to look at but helps to make the characters pop out more. However, this runs the risk of the arts seemingly being uninspired and hard to remember. It is interesting. You can skip ahead pas