Skip to main content

Featured Post

Conversation starter?

Questions are good things. They are there to get to know others and to find the common ground with each other, with the people we want to love. Well, I would think that the biggest thing I need to learn is to love myself. I think at least. I like lists, I make lists, mainly about anime and manga that I want to read and watch. And sometimes about American books too. My life does revolve around things that I consume. And I do not know if I am fine with that. I would like to fancy myself that I like philosophy, but in truth, I like the idea of philosophy. In the sense, philosophy means the love of knowledge, because we cannot know everything. So we need to start with things that we do not know, even though there are many famous figures in philosophy, I do not want to read from them. Because the biggest thing that I do not know if myself. And, as I am right now, I am more interested in filling the emptiness in me, if that makes sense. But I like questions. So, I went out and looked for que

Modern Wizard Hunting Project - Chapter Review [1-5]

Modern Wizard Hunting Project was written by Luma and drawn by Xiyuer and it is an ongoing modern fantasy. There is little information that can be found about it as of now. "As a witch (male), our protagonist has lived for 168 years and chosen to remain far away from the humans, living on his own until now. Of course, he has never started a romantic relationship, but one day, a super handsome golden-haired male came to his workplace and randomly started to court him! How should this gloomy little wizard react?" - description from mangaupdate.com

The art is fantastic, it is cute and beautiful! I can recommend it if you want to read about something nice and beautiful, the character designs are more on the bishounen side of things. It is more on the brighter side, it does surprise me how the coloring of these web manhuas' and manhwas' can use super bright colors. Sometimes the expressions can look strange, but for me, it is easy to get over it.

This is definitely not a deep project, just light-hearted fun. More romance and cute than anything.

Score: 9/10

No idea if it will have +18 scenes in it in the future, now it is safe for work.


From the cover art, I expect something lighthearted.

 ◦∘.Chapter 0: "How does one trap a modern wizard?" Good question my friend, we are starting strong. Ye Shengqi is a witch hunter, as it seems and the always standoffish and antisocial witch, Ye Zhu is his next target. This prologue is a collection of screenshots from the manhua humorously explaining what the promise of the manhua is. It seems fun enough. This can't be called a prologue nor a pilot, more like a tease.

 ◦∘.Chapter 1: Ye Zhu is working in sales because he doesn't want to get caught by the institute of paranormal studies, even though all he wants to do is be a neet. I can sympathize with you! Ye Zhu doesn't want to have any relationship with humans, however, he had an adopted daughter for a short while. He also had something that I could categorize as a prophetic dream about his daughter turning into a young man. Then a new manager comes along that seems to know him. Ye Shengqi and he seems familiar. Ye Shengqi is supernatural too.

I have a theory about this, it could be that Ye Shengqi was the adopted daughter in disguise, seeing that he is depicted as an angel, so he could have powers like that, seeing that the adoption was short-lived, even though Ye Zhu was really attached to her. I know that it was an illusion.

 ◦∘.Chapter 2 + 3 + 4: The main character is so cute. Ye Zhu was discovered and now Ye Shengqi only wants to be in contact with him. Ye Shengqi is already hinting that they have a shared past. Shengqi is definitely his adoptive daughter. This work is definitely forward to what's happening. There is even a countdown 'til the witch will be captured.

There chapter in and it is actually content here, even though the story is not complex but it is not trying to be complex at all. That is a good thing with a story like this actually.

 ◦∘.Chapter 5: With this chapter, things are getting interesting and we are starting to get hints at what's happening between the two of them, and as I see, things will get interesting. Ye Shengqi finally admits to Ye Zhu where they had known each other from and that is a good thing that they had gotten this plot point out of the way. The writer had brought in something else, and that is the fact that Ye Shengqi is cursed by someone and he can never love anyone. Which is interesting...

The next chapter will hopefully be going into how the two of them had met.

Theory: It could be that the reason why Ye Shengqi had come to Earth has to do something with the curse. And it could be that he wasn't a child back then just looked like one, seeing that he is technically an angel. Right now, I don't really know how to feel about this, but I will keep the score up for this one. I am now really interested in where this story is going.

══════☆ ◦∘.═══════════════════════════════════════════

Trivia: [1.] One thing that I don't get is why do we call the manhua a wizard hunting project when we are hunting a witch? 'Witch' is not the feminine version of 'wizard', and men were accused of witchcraft in the past. And they call Ye Zhu a witch everywhere else but the title.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Bungaku Shoujo" Movie - Review

Score: 9/10 The review contains spoilers. "Bungaku Shoujo" Movie, is the movie adaptation from Production I.G, directed and storyboarded by Tada Shunsuke. This movie adapted the fifth volume of the light novel series: "Bungaku Shoujo" to Doukoku no Palmier according to myanimelist. The series of "Bungaku Shoujo" is broader, having a long-running light novel series and a manga series written by Nomura Mizuki. That saying, this movie is an adaptation of a smart part of a larger story and a lot of things can be explained away with that. However, I don't think that it will take away from the enjoyment of the adaptation to people who had read the original. Tada Shunsuke had directed World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin, an anime that I had watched with the English dub, but one that I hadn't regretted it. This was a pleasant surprise for me since I will definitely talk about that series too in a positive note. This means that as a director Tada

"0" Review

Long story short: 5/10 pretty decent and middle of the road. Music videos come in many forms and shapes  and form and animation is one of them. In my opinion, a disappointing animation is worse than a disappointing live-action; even though the focal point of a music video is on the music .  The most important thing is clearly the music, the animation here is a kind of bonus experience. I say this because this music video is hard to find on the internet, so I couldn’t re-watch it. (I decided to include "0" because this was between the first short anime music videos that I had watched when I started to watch anime more regularly. And I couldn't leave it without a word.)  Because, if this I based my writing on memory alone, and the recounting of other people writing about this animation. H owever, understanding the things  that go into making a music video is important . While you can judge the animation on of itself, it is needed to be understood that many things go into th

"Aoi" Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... - Review

The quasi-delinquent Akagi Koremitsu ends up being haunted by a schoolmate of his, Mikado Hikaru he is stopped into fulfilling one last promise that Hikaru had made. Otherwise, Hikaru's spirit can't rest in peace. However, Saotome Aoi is mad at Hikaru and wouldn't have anything to do with the feared Koremitsu. I decided to write my thought as I go in reading the manga since even though I find it decent I don't have much hope to it being something that would impress me too much. The art of the manga is beautiful and simplistic. Here I mostly mean the characters, the two leads, Koremitsu and Hikaru are complete opposites of each other and that is shown nicely in the rendering of the characters. The background is something that should have gotten a little bit more polishing, it is boring to look at but helps to make the characters pop out more. However, this runs the risk of the arts seemingly being uninspired and hard to remember. It is interesting. You can skip ahead pas